Heavily pregnant mares are beginning to fill the foaling stable in deep beds of warm straw at the Estate.
Excitement hangs in the air here at the Château. Everyone are looking forward to our second foal season, featuring a unique collection of some of the best young sporting mares in the world paired to some incredible exciting international dressage sires; Grand Galaxy Win, Franklin, Revolution, Don Deluxe, Vincent Maranello and El Capone.
We are expecting 18 foals this season between late February and early July. The waiting game is an exercise in patience, of hours in the stable, a few sleepless nights, adrenaline rushes and time spent doing what we love most; welcoming stunning foals with little noses soft as silk, perfect for cuddles.
Our 2017 selection of swoon worthy broodmares and due foals:
- Casablanca (by Conen) is out of a dam-line who has produced several successful upcoming young horses is expecting three embryos all by Grand Galaxy Win.
- Deevoice (by Desperados) the German National 3 year Mare Champion of 2014 in Lienen as well as reserve champion of the 2014 Westfalian Elite Mare Show in Munster-Handorf is expecting a Franklin embryo.
- Diva (by Vivaldi) only passed by licenced stallions champion Desperado and reserve champion Diego, finishing third at the 2012 4-year old Pavo Cup Finals, is expecting embyros by Revolution, El Capone and Franklin
- Fine Time (by Fürstenball) finalist at the 2016 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo, is expecting embyros by Grand Galaxy Win, Revolution and Franklin.
- Florina (by Fürst Romancier) who earned first place at the 2014 German Elite Broodmare Championships in Lienen, fourth place at the 2015 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses and placed fourth at the 2015 Bundeschampionate in Warendorf, is expecting a Franklin embryo.
- Grandine (by Jazz) champion at the mare performance testing, Utrechtse Houten, Netherlands. Out of Androdine, a dam who shows great skills at Intermediate dressage level, is expecting two embryos, both by Revolution.
- Hutopia van Bergsham (by Chagall) is out of one of Netherlands strongest and most renowned dam lines – the Utopia line, is expecting 4 embyros, one each by Don Deluxe and Revolution as well as two by Vincent Maranello.
- Prima Donna (by Don Romantic) 2011 Danish Mare of the Year, who earned an impressive 904 points in the mare performance testing, is due to a Vincent Maranello embryo.
Stay tuned - always...